About Simon’s Town
Welcome to the quaint historical Naval Town of Simon’s Town, South Africa otherwise known as Simon’s Town situated near Cape Point, Cape Town, South Africa. Simon’s Town is a charming village on the False Bay coast offering warm hospitality and a relaxed atmosphere. Simon’s Town is steeped in history dating back to the early Dutch and British settlements.
You wake up in the morning and look across the beautiful bay just as the sun peaks over the mountains. Walking down the road to the coast you encounter penguins waddling towards the clear, cool sea. Out of the corner of your eye, you see otters running along the beach and launching into the waves. Raising your eyes as you walk along, you see a Southern Right Whale breaching from the pure joy of it. False Bay is one of the best places in the world for land based whale watching. The Southern Right whales migrates into False Bay in large numbers between July and November. Guest of Seadevilla can see these magnificent creatures from their bedroom or the decks.
Stroll down Simon’s Town’s historical mile and visit the fine nautical museum that details the town’s history whilst another recreates its naval roots. Enjoy a meal at one of Simon’s Town’s popular restaurants or coffee shops.
Spend your days relaxing on one of Simon’s Town’s magnificent beaches, Boulders, Fishersmans Beach, Seaforth, Long Beach, Windmill Beach, stroll to Boulders Beach and visit the famous penguin colony.
Interesting Activities in and around Cape Peninsula and Cape Town
There is an exciting world to experience around the Cape Peninsula and Cape Town. We can recommend a few favourite activities that we believe will give you a wider appreciation and enjoyment of Cape Town. Simon’s Town offers the best of both worlds. Just minutes away from hiking trials, the beach and other outdoor activities, this quaint town is also close shopping centres, sport stadiums, theatres and the Cape Town city centre itself.
In addition, Simon’s Town has many attractions of its own, including:
- Whale Watching from your room or take a boat trip (2 km, depart from Simon’s Town harbour)
- Boulders Beach Penguin Colony (1 km)
- Cape Point Nature Reserve (10km)
- Mountain Hiking Trials and Bird Watching (various within walking distance)
- Seal Island Boat Trip (2 km, depart from Simon’s Town harbour)
- Cape Point Ostrich Farm (12 km)
- Chapman’s Peak Drive (15 km)
- Shark Cage Diving (2 km, depart from Simon’s Town harbour)
- Deep-sea fishing (2 km, depart from Simon’s Town harbour)
- Kayaking (2 km, depart from Simon’s Town harbour)
- Scuba Diving and Snorkelling
- Historical Tours/Walks
- Numerous superb Restaurants
- Golf Courses (1 km, Simon’s Town Country Club)
- South African Navy Museum (Just Nuisance)
- Guided tour on Submarine SAS ASSEGAI (2 km)
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Wine Routes (Constantia, Stellenbosch)
- Table Mountain Aerial Cable Way (49 km)
- Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (45 km)
- Two Oceans Aquarium (45 km)
- Golf Courses (Clovelly Golf Club, West Lake Golf Club